Taste The Difference
Organic food is produced by growers who truly believe that the way in which food is grown and produced should enhance quality of life for future generations. Organic food is produced without the use of pesticides, chemical fertilizers, bioengineering, or radiation. Before a product can be labeled as "Organic", a Government approved certifier must inspect where the food is grown to ensure all necessary steps have been taken.
What does that have to do with pie?
Good question. You can be sure that our organic products are USDA Certified to be completely organic. Here are just a few of the benefits of our Organic Products:
- Our pies are traced from field to bakery, and then to the market. This ensures that the strict USDA guidelines are followed. No Pesticides, no herbicides, no chemicals, ever.
- We use only Organic fruit which is allowed to ripen naturally, not picked green and forced from the tree by chemical sprays. This allows the true complex flavors of the fruit to shine, not to mention the health benefits from eating organic fruit.
- Trans fat free - organic palm fruit shortening is used which contains natural antioxidants and is non-hydrogenated.
- No bleached white refined sugars.
- We use 100% organic spelt flour. Spelt is one of the oldest cereal grains known. Spelt is a complete protein, containing all 8 amino acids, few grains are complete. Spelt is also easier to digest than the hybridized wheat of today.
- To top it off, our fruit pies are Vegan. No animal products are used as ingredients.